>> Saturday, December 18, 2010
Run Internet(GPRS) on any Blackberry Device Without Subscribing BlackBerry Internet Service)
- Run BES-required Internet software without BES!
- Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN (Verichat, WebMessenger, IM+, etc.)
- Full HTML web browsing ability (Reqwireless, BlackBerry Browser, etc.)
- IRC chatting (virca, wlirc, etc.)
- telnet/ssh (Idokorro, etc.)
- No BES needed! No MDS needed!
- Upgrade your BlackBerryOS
You need BlackBerry with OS 3.8 or later. If you have an older version of BlackBerryOS, please download and install it on your BlackBerry first.
- Configure your BlackBerry APN & Your Carrier
On the BlackBerry handheld, go to Options -> TCP
There is a new option in BlackBerryOS 3.8 and later. Then fill in APN with the APN provided by yuor Service Provider. If no username or password is provided, leave these blank. If only a username is provided, then leave in the password. Also, ignore the Gateway IP address, unless your Blackberry specifically has a textbox to enter the IP address in. "APN" means "Access Point Name". for airtel it w'd be airtelgprs.com for BSNL it w'd be bsnlnet
- Run your BlackBerry Internet Software
Once you have filled this information, your Internet applications should work on your BlackBerry. TCP/IP makes Internet software work, including chat software: Verichat, WebMessenger, IRC, Telnet/SSH, Web browsing, etc. For Web Browsing Opera is the best which runs on Socket based.